Happy 4th of July!
This past weekend was the busiest travel day of the year as most Americans set out to celebrate the nations independence. It also happens to be the mid-way point of the year and a great time for a little reflection. How have the last 6 months treated you and what are your intentions for the last half of 2018?
Some questions you might ask yourself include:
- What has your best memory been so far this year?
- What were your goals at the beginning of the year, how far are you on track to achieve them?
- What new habits have you made or broken?
- What has worked well and what hasn’t?
- Do you feel good about the choices you’ve made this year, what can you do to make things better?
I’ve answered these questions in my favorite journaling app for the Mac, DayOne
. If you don’t already journal on a semi-regular basis, you should consider it as there are numerous benefits
to sitting down with yourself and being your own therapist.
PS: One way I try to remind myself to not waste time is with a great concept called The Life Calendar which serves as a reminder to be present and not to waste time.
People are frugal in guarding their personal property; but as soon as it comes to squandering time they are most wasteful of the one thing in which it is right to be stingy. ~Seneca
Have a great 4th, 😎